Friday, January 15, 2010

WTF BBC??

Mood: Incredulous/amused
Theme Song: *speechless*

Why - WHY - did I flip to BBC 2 and see a black and white clip - obviously from the 60s - of 4 Japanese women with flippy hairdos singing “Can’t Buy Me Love”? With accompanying dance moves? (Of course it sounded more like “Can’t Buy Me Ruv”)

WTF, England?? Who sets up your TV programming? Between this kind of weird sh!t and the Japanese channel (#7), I spend half my TV-watching wondering if someone slipped some acid into my room service.

Ok now some person from the 60s named Sandie is singing “Ticket to Ride” (they are obviously doing some kind of Beatles retrospective) - and this bubble just appeared on the screen - a la Pop Up Video - informing viewers that Sandie had plastic surgery in 1997 to preserve her “iconic feet”.

I am not making this stuff up, people.

As I’ve said before, Austin Powers is making so much more sense. Especially his funny little song/video about “BBC Heaven”.

BBC 1!BBC 2!BBC 3!BBC 4!BBC 5!BBC 6!BBC 7!BBC heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment