Wednesday, January 6, 2010

10 Random Thoughts

1. Did CNN UK really just scroll "Yemen to Fight Al Qaeda: In it To Win it?" across the screen under Blitzer?!

2. EuroSport channel is awesome. I get to watch something called "Schanzen Bischofshofen" which seems to involve dudes in lycra on skis jumping in the air. Nice! Also learned that "Arger Hoch Zwei" means "Double Trouble" in German.

3. The Meerkat commercial is hilarious. Google it - "Compare the Meerkat". I don't understand why there is a meerkat but I guess its like trying to explain the acid trip that brought us the Geico gekko.

4. UK is really freaked out by snow. Like, worse than Cincinnati. As in "don't leave the house!" fear of snow. Bizarre.

5. Someone PLEASE explain Gogos to me.

6. UK has their own version of COPS called "Police Interceptors". No catchy reggae theme song BUT there are still drunken idiots doing dumb ass things and getting arrested. Nice to know that some things transcend cultural barriers.

7. Cricket is news. Still don't understand it. Oh, and darts is a big deal. I guess with all the fear of the SNOW people have to pass the time indoors and throwing darts is as good of a thing to do as anything.

8. I have learned more about US News and world politics from UK news than I ever did in the states. That's sad.

9. The hotel gets something called HKN which is a Japanese channel. I would not advise drinking or doing any drugs before watching it since it is FREAKY. Flipped it on last night to see drunken samurais being attacked by a fly with a Japanese man's head. Oh, and there are no subtitles which makes for extra fun.

10. Burger King is nasty over here, too. (It was that today for lunch or some mayonnaise laden surprise from the quickie mart)

1 comment:

  1. I am hooked on the blog already! You crack me up from "across the pond"!Keep it coming!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete