Friday, December 24, 2010

Childhood Memories

Mood: Festive!!
Theme Song: "Twelve Days of Christmas"

So a friend of mine got me started on this by posting an old Coca-Cola Christams commercial from the 70s, which led me down the winding corridors of YouTube as I relived the glory days of late 70s/early 80s commercials. I know this isn't specifically Christmas-related, but I always find myself growing nostalgic this time of year and so I think it's appropriate.

I am sure you'll enjoy them, too (especially my English friends!) - so here are some of my favorite.

Wouldn't You Like to Be a Pepper, Too? (I still know all the words to this song !)

Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut, Sometimes You Don't... (I had forgotten about this one)

Fruit Chewy! (Loves me some Fig Newtons)

Betcha Can't Do It... (Who among us did not try?)

Goes Great with Your Imagination! (featuring a young Urkel!)

NOW, She's having a ball... (LOL) (I used to LOOOOOOVE these things, just the sight of the container makes my mouth water...)

Vintage Taco Bell (does anyone else remember how all the Taco Bells used to have those curved windows? I also remember how everything used to come in foil...and styrofoam. I don't remember those jacked up employee unifoms, but I sure wish I did... especially the hair kerchief! LMAO)

Help Yourself, Although if You Ever Give Me This for My Birthday, I Am Whooping Your Ass (or if you try to hold a party with men in leisure suits + a piano)

Nooks and Crannies! (for my English friends, THIS is what I'm talking about...!)

Down on the Farm (AMERICAN sausage, y'all... boy do I miss that stuff!)

The Only System You'll Ever Need... (compare this to the Kinect... and it was only 28 years ago, people. I'll have a robot body in no time!!!)

For Lonely Kids who Couldn't Make "Real" Friends (didn't stop me wanting one, though)

Can You And I Be Friends? (Is it just me or is this whole commercial really eerie - especially the way the kids all nod, open-mouthed and glassy eyed? And doesn't T.R. look just a wee bit up to something??)

Before the X-Men, there were... Wuzzles?

No Comment... But I wanted a Pair

I Begged for these Jeans... BEGGED

And finally, a few fun compilation videos. These will bring back memories (especially the branding and packaging and taglines!) and will amuse my non-American friends, I'm sure...

Various from 1988

Christmas Themed from 1987

And for all the commercials you could ever want... Commercial Vault!

Hope you enjoy and got a good laugh, just like I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment